Monday, April 24, 2017

Unintended Hiatus

As you might have noticed, I've been a little absent the past week or two - and haven't replied to comments or visited other blogs since the beginning of the month.

This is partially because I'm in the midst of a major reading slump. I believe the last book I read was at the end of last month. I've picked up a few books but when they fail to grab me in the first 10-20 pages, I put them down and lose interest. So, I don't have any reviews to post and I really don't want to just post two meme's a week and nothing else. (The infrequent discussion topic I can't write doesn't actually help matters.)

Also though, I've been busy with other stuff and when I have downtime, I spend most of it either playing video games or writing. (And very definitely not getting enough sleep.)

The simple fact is, right now, just thinking of all the catch-up I have to do - with this blog and visiting others - not to mention the comments I have to reply to at the very least, makes me feel incredibly exhausted and a little like I'm drowning.

I don't know when I'll be coming back to this blog. I do want to, but the way I feel so indifferent to even picking up a book to read... I don't know when it will be. I just need a break for awhile, time to not feel guilty about not posting and commenting and all that other stuff, and time to actually get some posts lined up.